Madagascar is located 400KM from the coast of Africa separated by the canal of Mozambique. The island is 1600KM long and 570KM wide, with a surface area of 587 041 km2. It is an island country in the Indian Ocean off the southeast coast of Africa comprising the island of Madagascar and several small islands. It was originally peopled by Indonesian and African groups around the end of the first century. The French first established settlements on the island in 1642 and made it a colony in 1896. The country gained full independence as the Malagasy Republic in 1960 and was renamed Madagascar in 1975. Antananarivo is the capital and the largest city.
It represents the fourth world-wide location for its diversity. Lovers of the nature or those fascinated by ethnology. MADAGASCAR TRIP ADVENTURE will always have to offer you a tour that is catered to your interests. Everyone heard about Madagascar but rare are those that really visited this island of the Indian Ocean. M T A-TOURS will take care of all of your needs from the time we pick you up at the airport until we return you to the airport at the end of your trip.
MADAGASCAR AT A GLANCE
- Name: Madagascar or Malagasy Republic
- Climate: tropical, with most rain falling between December and March in the eastern coast and south west coast.
- Time: GMT+3
- Electricity voltage: 220v, plus two-pin
- International telephone code: (00261)
- Currency: Ariary (ar)
- Madagascar has a tropical climate
- November to March: summer (wet season), hot with variable rainfall but to south of Madagascar is always sunny.
- April to October: Winter (dry season). The normal pattern of weather is that south west coast. There are also considerable variation of temperature by dictated by altitude and latitude. Average midday temperatures in the dry season are (25°C) in the highlands and (30°C) on the coast.
Afew Words Important To Know
- Tonga soa (welcome)
- Misaotra (thank you, thanks)
- Salama (hello)
- Veloma (bye)
- Tsara (good)
From Fianarantsoa down to Manakara:
Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday
From Manakara up to Fianarantsoa:
Wednesday - Friday - Sunday
South east tour + Pangalan channel
Antananarivo - Antsirabe - Ranomafana national park - Fianarantsoa - Manakara by train - Mananjary - Mahanoro - Manambato via Palmarium reserve - Foulpoint - Périnet - Antananarivo
Special tour + South tour Madagascar
Antananarivo - Morondava (fly) - Tsingy of Bemaraha - Kirindy Forest - Morondava fly to Tuléar - Ifaty(beach) - Isalo - Fianarantsoa - Ranomafana(national park) - Antsirabe - Antananarivo
Tana - National Park Of Andasibe - Morondava - Kirindy Forest - Tsingy Of Bemaraha - Tulear - Ifaty - The Reserve Of Zombitse Vohibasia - Isalo National Park - Anja Park - Ranomafana National Park - Ambositra Handcraft - Antsirabe ...